Our Mission Statement
Supporting families as a Community Trust of Whangaparaoa Baptist, we exist to provide quality child-led education, in an environment which supports families within our community.
We will foster a safe and loving environment, where each child is accepted, highly valued and encouraged to reach their full potential, alongside discovering the wonder of God and His creation.
Through the provision of an exciting, challenging and secure environment, children will develop to the fullest potential, the God given gifts and talents they possess.
Our Philosophy – Supporting families as a Community Trust of Whangaparaoa Baptist
We are a community based Christian centre and as part of the special nature of our kindergarten, we acknowledge God as our creator and enable the children to discover that each of them is a unique individual, created and loved by their heavenly Father. We recognise the uniqueness of the family as an integral part of the development and wellbeing of the child. We support, encourage and affirm families in their role.
– We want to provide an atmosphere which is warm, accepting and welcoming for adults and children and that will build reciprocal relationships.
– We support and care for families in our kindergarten community.
– We provide a safe environment where children are protected as individuals and develop a sense of belonging.
– Families/Whanau are valued and welcomed. They know their children best.
– The diverse cultures in our community are respected and celebrated.
– We acknowledge the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
-We reflect the Reggio Emilia core values of relationship, learning and teaching, creativity, environment, time, and reflective practice.
Curriculum & Programme Planning
– We want to provide opportunities for learning where the children can develop at their own pace regardless of gender, disability, age, race or background.
– We highly value play as a meaningful way of learning, gaining confidence, exploring our world while developing thinking, reasoning and social skills.
– Teachers plan around the strengths and interests of each child.
– We want children to enjoy different ways of being creative and expressive and to become confident, competent, lifelong learners.
Adult Skills & Practices
As adults in the centre:
– Are recognised as having their own unique learning and teaching styles.
– Are supported in ongoing professional development and training.
– Are accepted as an integral member of the team and their contributions are valued.
– Reflect the Christian values of the centre.
Sue Henton is Coast Kindy’s Family Worker. With 26 years of marriage, three children and 20 years experience of being a pastor’s wife under her belt, Suzanne has a wealth of wisdom and training around relationships, faith, parenting, and navigating the journey of life. Sue supports our families with visits, baking and a listening ear.